Charm Chloramphenicol Test (CAP)
The Charm ROSA chloramphenicol test enables dairies and food manufacturers to detect the smallest trace of chloramphenicol in milk—as low as 0.15 ppb.
The Charm ROSA chloramphenicol test enables dairies and food manufacturers to detect the smallest trace of chloramphenicol in milk—as low as 0.15 ppb. This test is used throughout the industry by farmers, veterinarians, truck drivers, milk receiving, and milk testing laboratories.
The US FDA, European CRL and the Customs Union have banned chloramphenicol in milk. The Charm ROSA test detects chloramphenicol below the US action level of 1 ppb and below the EU Minimum Required Performance Limit (MRPL) for chloramphenicol of 0.3 ppb.
This 8-minute Rapid One Step Assay is performed with a lateral flow strip in the Charm EZ system or with an incubator and the ROSA Pearl-X Reader.
Lower operating costs and improve transportation efficiency by clearing good milk quickly with the Charm ROSA (Rapid One Step Assay) lateral flow strips which, detect aflatoxin M1 and the most common antibiotics used to treat dairy cows. ROSA tests use patented technology to target drug sensitivities to safe and regulated levels, which prevents unnecessary rejection of milk caused by overly sensitive screening tests. The tests are easy to perform and are manufactured to test for US safe levels, EU MRL/ CODEX/ Customs Union maximum residue limits and multiple other country-specific requirements. Charm ROSA tests have been granted approval by regulatory authorities around the world.
Test results from ROSA strips may be read and officially recorded using the Charm EZ system, or the ROSA Pearl-X Reader, or may be interpreted visually in an unofficial capacity, making it ideal for farm use.
- Results in 8 minutes.
- Sensitive to 0.15 ppb.
- Uses same equipment as other ROSA tests.
- Results can be read in the Charm EZ system.
- Detects chloramphenicol below US action level. Has not been evaluated by the National Conference on Interstate Milk Shipments (NCIMS)
- Detects chloramphenicol below EU and CODEX requirements. Central Reference Laboratory (CRL) guidelines available upon request.
- Detects chloramphenicol below Customs Union import requirements.
- Russian Technical Regulation on Milk and Milk Products. Federal Law No.88 FL 88 of 12 June 2008.
- Approved by the State Committee for Standardization of the Republic of Belarus (Gosstandart).
- Approved by Polish Veterinary Research Institute (PIWET).
- Approved by Chief Veterinary Inspectorate (Warsaw, Poland).