Rapid 10 minute test for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Rapid 10 minute lateral flow test for COVID-19:
Pain Points This Test Relieves:
- The lab crisis currently unfolding. Labs are over burdened and workforce is scarce calling for new testing methods.
- Our point of care test mitigates current high costs of other tests.
- Need rapid testing to flatten the bell curve.
- Strained and limited workforce in labs available.
Tests currently require a blood draw and the sample is sent to a lab where staff process the sample and results.
New Workflow With POC Covid-19 Test
- Tests are conducted on the spot with a simple finger stick with results in 10 min.
- This alleviates the lab involvement, reduces the length of time from test to diagnosis and ultimately treatment.
- Rapid results provide rapid control of the spread.
- Reduces the burden in the healthcare workforce.
- Significantly reduces the costs associated with current methods.
- Minimizes exposure for healthcare workers, to these patients.
The test strip has three different lines; one for IgG, one for IgM and one control line. There are four different valid results:
- IgG + Control – The sample is positive for IgG and therefore positive for COVID-19
- IgM + Control – The sample is positive for IgM. This means the patient is in the early stages of an infection and combined with the common symptoms, is positive for COVID-19
- IgG + IgM + Control – The sample is positive for both IgG and IgM and therefore positive for COVID-19
- Control only – The sample is negative
If the control line does not appear, the test is void and should be repeated, irrespective of how many test lines are visible