AllerGiene ATP Swab
Charm AllerGiene is an ATP-based allergen control test designed to prevent cross-contact from allergenic food soil on process equipment. It measures ATP (adenosine triphosphate) at low levels as an indicator for the presence of food on wet-cleaned surfaces or in rinse waters. AllerGiene is a simple 20-second swab test with sufficient high sensitivity to allergenic food residues to achieve detection comparable to specific allergen methods — 0.1 to 25 ppm for most of the eight allergen food groups: Peanut butter, wheat, soybeans, crustacean (shrimp), milk, tree nuts, egg, and sesame.
The Charm AllerGiene hygiene test can be implemented in HACCP programs, helping manufacturers prevent allergen cross-contamination by verifying the cleaning and removal of food residues from shared processing lines. Immediate results from AllerGiene enables re-cleaning before the next production cycle.
- Results in 20 seconds.
- Detects ATP from all eight FDA major foods containing allergens in one test.
- Food sensitivities comparable with allergen specific methods.
- Enables immediate re-cleaning.
- Achieves a “higher level of clean”.
- Accurate readings with novaLUM luminometer.